Lamb is such a staple in New Zealand, based on that fact we figure they must have the recipe for the ultimate lamb burger. So we are sharing this one with you!
– 600 g Quality Mark lean lamb mince
– ½ large onion, very finely chopped
– 1 clove garlic, crushed
– 1 egg, lightly beaten
– 1 slice wholemeal toast bread, crusts removed, soaked in 2 tablespoons milk
– ½ cup feta, crumbled
– ½ cup mint leaves, chopped
– 1 tablespoon rosemary leaves, finely chopped
– 1 tablespoon tomato paste
– 1 tablespoon oil
– Zest of 1 lemon
– 4-5 burger buns, halved
– Tomato relish or sauce
– Lettuce leaves
– Tinned beetroot
– 1 red onion, very finely sliced
– 4 eggs, fried
– 2-3 ripe tomatoes, sliced
– ½ cup aioli or mayonnaise mixed with ½ cup finely chopped basil
Place all the patty ingredients in a bowl, season and combine. Shape into 4-5 patties, cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Preheat a BBQ or frying pan to a medium heat. Brush the patties with a little oil and cook for a few minutes until crunchy and brown on one side. Turn the patties over, reduce the heat to medium low and cook for another 8-10 minutes until cooked through.
Everyone can assemble their own burgers with the fillings and don’t forget to give the burger a good press down with your palm before you attempt to eat it.
Here are 10 most-sought after authentic souvenirs at that duty free shop that are still popular today in New Zealand.READ MORE
If you’re planning a trip to the land down under then you’re going to need a lot more than just your swimming costume (FYI we call ‘em bathers or swimmers or togs over here) and a pair of flip flops. Trust us.READ MORE