Urban Adventures are for those who want to get away from the tourist crowds and really connect with a city, with a local by their side. The experience can be as short as a couple of hours, or as long as a whole day, but in every case an Urban Adventures tours take travellers to interesting places to experience local culture and see what makes a place unique. Take an Urban Adventure for the Best. Day. Ever.
NEIGHBOURHOODS OF NADI
Duration: 3 hours | Physicality: Low | Starting time: 10 am
Escape resort life and see what local life is like in Nadi, where markets burst with locals and tourists alike shopping for fresh produce, and where street stalls selling coconut juice and Indian sweets beckon. Finish it all off with a lunch that’ll show off the true tastes of Fiji!
– Visit a local market and explore the stalls selling fresh produce and seafood
– Snack on Indian sweets that are a favourite treat for Fijian children
– Chat with young entrepreneurs selling coconut juice on the streets
– Enjoy a traditional Fijian lunch at a popular local restaurant
FIJI ON FOOT
Duration: 6.5 hours | Physicality: High | Starting time: 10 am
Go take a hike! Spend the day in the great outdoors, exploring the villages and hiking trails far beyond Nadi. When you’re done exploring, fuel up with lunch prepared by a local family in a rural village.
– Catch breathtaking views as you head out of Nadi and into the countryside
– Hike along a forested trail that ends at a waterfall
– Learn about local flora, including plants that are used in traditional medicines — and a few that you never want to touch!
– Have lunch with a local family in a rural village
– Learn about life for Fijians who live outside of urban areas
CLAY MAKING & CULTURE
Duration: 3 hours | Physicality: Low | Starting time: 9 am
Get a feel for local Fijian life and learn more about the island’s culture with a visit to a family-run clay-making business. Meet the owner, see his beautiful work on display, talk to him about his inspiration and creative process, and watch the talented clay makers in their workshop.
– Visit a local, family-run clay making business
– Watch clay makers at work creating one-of-a-kind pieces
– Learn about the history of pottery in Fiji
– Try your hand at creating something from clay
– Take home a unique souvenir to remember the experience
Dreamy getaway in the South PacificEXPLORE
A private island on the edge of the celestial Kadavu Island Group, Kokomo is a true undiscovered paradise.EXPLORE
Take a trip down under and soak up the sun on an exotic cruise through the South PacificEXPLORE